A very geeky image! Just for you and “your” cloud.
A brief story: you are migrating/migrated service “X” to cloud based system, calling it “SaaS”, “Baas”, etc. You are paying for “something” and you believe that:
- Paying is your prerogative, a right.
- You have power, knowledge and capababilities over the techs related to your cloud platform.
- You want to have 101% uptime of any service
- You don’t want to solve any critical situation (your are paying for this!)
Nope. As any people, you can’t see how affordable is a cloud system (for really), and you believe that IT is only a cost, not a investment. So, power supply, air conditioning, monitoring system, night-at-work-before-working-morning, has higher cost at long term that cloud services?
During my consultant period, i remember a mail service outage, one year ago, for a very big company (about 20.000 people). No mail flow, no attachment, no communication at all, starting from warehouse until Company Board.
Crucial argument is: you like cloud due to marketing, case history, references. You don’t understand cloud system, don’t want to explore all features or take needed-features to extremes.
You behave like a wise businessman, for collaborators and colleagues, ready to show how cool, geek and tech-ready you are.
If COVID-19 never came, you probably have the same ideas:
- Cloud is a unintelligible s**t
- Smartworking is a f*****g useless and harmful
- Your ticket make me crazy